Wood drill bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to buy a drill bit set for wood. What would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
I once spent £45 on a set of 5 Festool lip and spur wood bits. Someone borrowed them to drill through sheets of mdf that were sitting on a concrete floor. The drill bits were completely effed up.

https://www.axminstertools.com/festool-centrotec-5-piece-wood-drill-bit-set-931143

To be fair, I have done something similar on several occasions, eg last week whilst splicing in some facia board I ended up drilling through the new timber and hitting the brickwork behind.

I now mainly use regular drill bits. It's less annoying if they get damaged. If accuracy is "critical", I use a bench drill.

Sponsored Links
The cheapest you can get. There is no real difference, and unless you are drilling holes all day long you won't notice any difference or get any benefit other than cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back