Wood effect PVC double glazed windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These would be for a new build in Spain

Very hot summers - approx 8 months of the year the sun is shining

My question is, will wood effect pvc last?

Some manufacturers are giving a 5 yr guarantee on wood effect, but double that on plain white pvc

We wanted wood effect as the rest of the windows are real wood, but a pile of poo to be honest.

I want something that looks like rustic wood but does a good job at keeping out the elements

Any suggestions? It could well be cheaper for me to purchase in the UK and get windows driven out to us - the Spanish products are generally much more expensive, but quality is poor

Thanks for any useful info

Sponsored Links
Your havin a larf, as a service engineer working for insurance companies going out to look at installation problems under the 10 year guarantee i see more of my fair share of warped, twisted and bowed frames with what little heat we get here, install at your own peril over in spain

Thanks for that, what would you recommend?

Is it mainly the wood effect upvc windows that you see with warping etc?

Or the white ones as well?

If that's the case, what material would you recommend? Aluminium?

Thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
When you say wood effect do you mean its a dark colour? As the Crankster says it'll bend more than a hunchback's spine in the heat. If you could have white but want a woody look then a decent spec white grain window would probably cope. You could have solaglass to keep the house cool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back