Wood filler not setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have made some wood repairs using 2 pack resin wood repair paste in a quite cold unheated lean-to room. Now I've found that the repairs have not set, even after 24 hrs. I've had an idea to put a heater in the room hoping that this will trigger the necessary chemical reaction. Am I likely to be wasting my time doing this before I leave a heater on all night? Is the only option to remove all the filler and re-do this work in a ready heated room?

thanks for any advice...

Sponsored Links
Stupidly, I wasn't too careful with the mix proportions but I did mix it well. Filler was new....

So my question is, is a night with a heater likely to cure this problem assuming the mix proportions are OK?

Sponsored Links
Unless its a faulty batch then it should cure fine.....maybe there’s a minimum temperature stated in the instructions?
Certainly I haven’t had any problems around the 10deg mark.
John :)

Hi,
Thanks,
Having used it and it failing I read that temperature is the main reason and shouldn't be used in low temps below about 15C. Mixture is the other reason as you say. I think I'll heat the room over night to see if that does the trick. If not, I guess it's a matter of scraping it all out.... great!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back