Wood filler not setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have made some wood repairs using 2 pack resin wood repair paste in a quite cold unheated lean-to room. Now I've found that the repairs have not set, even after 24 hrs. I've had an idea to put a heater in the room hoping that this will trigger the necessary chemical reaction. Am I likely to be wasting my time doing this before I leave a heater on all night? Is the only option to remove all the filler and re-do this work in a ready heated room?

thanks for any advice...

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupidly, I wasn't too careful with the mix proportions but I did mix it well. Filler was new....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my question is, is a night with a heater likely to cure this problem assuming the mix proportions are OK?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unless its a faulty batch then it should cure fine.....maybe there’s a minimum temperature stated in the instructions?
Certainly I haven’t had any problems around the 10deg mark.
John :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Thanks,
Having used it and it failing I read that temperature is the main reason and shouldn't be used in low temps below about 15C. Mixture is the other reason as you say. I think I'll heat the room over night to see if that does the trick. If not, I guess it's a matter of scraping it all out.... great!!

Sponsored Links