woodburning stove problem

:rolleyes:

I'm a little bit baffled pioner?

There is no need to move the cylinder?

Also there are various suggestions above which may improve the set up considerably.

I hope you do get it to how you will be happy for your sake.

All the best

Sam

Sponsored Links
Hi sambotc,
Just to keep you informed sam, first, I must have misunderstood you regarding moving my cylinder, and after feeling very despondent, (pi**ed of in other words) I emailed the engineer who fitted the stove in the first place,( as i've said before is off work at the moment after an operation on his knee) telling him that I had conceded defeat, and there was no need for him to call round, BUT, he said he WANTED to come round and see if anything can be done to improve the situation anyway, and, without any prompting from me, one of the things he said he wanted to try was a gate valve on the return from the cylinder, "so you see sam, great minds think alike" and I felt a lot better in myself, knowing that he had NOT give up on me.
so I will keep you informed as to the outcome.

Regards
pioner

Hi sambotc
I promised to keep you informed on my problem, the fitter came on Friday and fitted a gate valve, I have tried it, and it appears to have made a big difference,( regarding heat going to my radiators ) there are six turns on the valve from fully open to closed, at the moment I am trying it on three turns, (half closed) would it be wise to close it any further say one more turn making the valve a third open?

Regards
pioner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back