Wooden batts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When builders are talking about batts, i.e. putting in some insulation between the joists, and sitting it on 'batts' are they talking about wooden battens?

What size are these so called batts and where do you buy them?

Sponsored Links
probably tile batons the sort they use on the roof 35x25mm ish

woodyards builders yards or timber merchants

2"x2" normally as you can squeeze 50mm of insulation between them if you space them from the wall by about 3mm.

I've done this to great effect in about half of my house so far.

I'm talking about insulation under the floor boards. I'm lifting the floor boards and I'll have 120mm insulation board sat at 145mm from the top of the joist. It will probably just wedge right in nicely, but I'll put a few bats at intervals to keep them in place so they don't drop any lower.

Like so: http://www.nu-heat.co.uk/s.nl/it.I/id.443/.f

Sponsored Links
Battens - lengths of timber used to secure tiles, insulation or anything requiring support. Sizes will vary according to usage.

Batts - blocks of insulation material, sizes vary.

Bats - flying nocturnal creatures or large lumps of timber used to strike round lumps of leather (traditionally) aka cricket

:D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back