wooden door vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would need some advice on what vent to use and how to install it..

Basically, I need a vent in my bathroom door so my bathroom fan can draw air from outside the bathroom...

Knowing that the door are 35mm wood doors, what vent can I use? What size should it be?

I was wondering of getting these vents: http://www.gu3supplies.co.uk/70mm-circular-vent.html

Though, do you think I can install them in a wooden door? How many of them do I need?

Sponsored Links
gap under the door is what you want.

isn't there one?

Not really.. my hall has higher floor than my bathroom so when bathroom door are closed there actually actually leave no space between the door and the hall floor so no space at all...

pretty much sealed

Maybe a brass louvre vent is what you need - obviously you'll need one on both sides of the door (Screwfix 96148).
Won't be particularly pretty though but may be acceptable.
John :)

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin, trim? This sounds like hard work... Actually I trimmed the door already to fit the door frames with a plane.. took me half a day.. I do not fancy doing it again.

Drilling two or three holes of 70mm sound to me like much better/easier option..

What's wrong with the vents I suggested?

These vents look like they are an interference fit?
In which case you'll need the exact size holesaw, and of course a ventilator on each side of the door.
John :)

why do you need 2 ventilators? :D

I do have exact holesaw and yeah, they look like interference fit ones.. I do not have problem with this

I think my one is big enough to get the air moving throughout the whole bathroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back