Wooden Floor v/s Tiled Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of replacing the carpet in my hallway area with either a wooden floor or tiles.

I know the tiles could be very cold onto in the winter. Would underfloor heating cure this. My floor is concrete. I do not want to dig the concrete to lay underfloor heating pipes. So the only alternative if I go for the tiled floor as far as underfloor heating is concerned is a wire mat.

There must be several on the market. Any ideas as to which one to go for would be welcome.

Should I cover the floor with anything before laying the the heating mat and the tiles?

Or am I better off doing a wooden floor, say engineered wood.?

I tried to look for any previous comments on underfloor heating on the site, but I can't find any. If somebody can direct me to the right place.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Best place to look for underfloor heating is the Ebuild forum - much more discussion going on there than here.

wood-engineered flooring is really a good idea for hallways, opt for an oil finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back