Wooden Front Door Weatherseal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wood front door that is prone to swelling and water ingress along the bottom. Unlike the (iroko) frame sides and top there is no weatherstrip in the sill (or slot for one) and it appears water is just running off the door to the bottom and being pushed in. An aluminium rain deflector isn't helping as it is shorter than the door width so it doesn't foul the jambs on opening/closing which allows rain to still enter at these end gaps.

I am considering fitting a 15mm deep iroko strip along the outer sill/threshold (I have some iroko scraps I found) with a stuck on weatherstrip to seal it when the door closes. Then raise and replace the rain deflector with one with rubber edges (so it also seals against the door jambs) above this strip.

I've seen various weatherseals etc online but can anyone recommend heavy duty / effective products that would suit my scenario or have any alternative ideas on how to solve this issue.

Sponsored Links
(Bump) can anybody help me with these questions in the OP?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back