Worcester 18Ri boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester 18Ri and it goes to ignition lockout when it feels like it so no pattern it will work for a week then stop the next 3/4 days I have tested everything changed the electrodes assembly spoken to worcester tech they don't know what is wrong with it so has anybody out there had this?

Sponsored Links
I presume you have done the basics and also checked the combustion readings after replacing electrodes?

We deal with boiler faults every day.

There can be several causes of ignition lockout.

But we don't give DIY advice on gas/combustion issues.

All you can do is check the condensate drain is free flowing and if so then call a competent engineer.

Tony

I have tested and checked everything on the boiler that could have anything to do with ignition lockout even worcester tech could not think of anything I have not done
Gas supply pressure is 20Mbar working
CO levels are spot on
I'm getting -9Mbar at the fan test point so no blockage

I think it may be the control board but worcester say not

Sponsored Links
Just as well we did not give you DIY gas advice when you are hell bent on fixing it yourself.

Have Worcester seen you boiler to tell you that its not the PCB?

Have you tried an FGA?

So what are you going to do now?

Tony

Hi Tony

No worcester have not seen the boiler

I don't want DIY advice I would just like to know if anyone has had anything like this before and if so what was the problem.

Anything you can suggest would be good

How can you test the CO2 levels without a FLUE GAS ANALYSER?

May be I'm posting on the wrong site, but I have seen the answers given on this site and thought I would give it a go.

Thanks

You will not get any advice here you are obviously incompetant and changing electrodes without checking with a FGA is ridiculous.

Hi Tony

I don't want DIY advice I would just like to know if anyone has had anything like this before and if so what was the problem.

Thanks

But you ARE asking for DIY advice!

You are a DIYer and asking for information on faults.

Worse you are clearly prepared to do which well beyond the capabilities of a DIYer!

If anyone did give you advice it would be deleted as the rules don't allow it.

I expect that I have seen most boiler faults. But how could that help you?

Call an RGI !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back