Worcester 19/25 fuel oil lock out switch blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :) what fun I’ve had tonight.
I have an elderly boiler as above but it’s been visited a few times and has lots of shiny bits on, just like Triggers broom.
The lock out switch came on (not seen since last winter) so I took the main cover off and then the lock out switch cover and performed the ‘switch off at mains, press reset, switch back on again’ procedure. Worked fir about five mins then stopped again. Turned off hot water heater and tried it again. Turned off CH and tried it, then turned CH on and it still locked out.
Lots of fuel oil so no issues there.
Pressure is always low to start with then leaps up to 2 when heating or water on.
Last time I tried the reset the unit that you press blew and fused the ring main.
That’s all sorted now (lights back on) but now... what to do?

Sponsored Links
I have no idea? Just the one supplied. I changed the control box (containing the lock out switch) and changed a fuse. Seems ok now but wondering where condensation inside the control box came from

Sponsored Links
Is this an external boiler? If so this could explain the condensation in the control box. It also sounds as though you need to get the expansion vessel sorted out if pressure fluctuates wildly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back