Worcester 240 Combi Boiler - Diaphragm Replacement

Sponsored Links
Well, I heard them quote him £12 for the part on the phone and he wanted almost £200 for what both he and several other people quoted as 10 or 20 minutes work. I really don't find that reasonable, particularly when he needs to borrow my screwdrivers and tools as he hasn't bought any.

The £106 that I would quote seems totally reasonable to me. I would hope to complete it within an hour at the property.

But I have to travel there and get back and in London thats easily an hour each way. Customers seem to conveniently forget that we may be in their house for less than an hour but it takes us say three hours traveling and doing the job.

If I cannot stop the sliding joint leaking then I have to come back the next day free to fit a new one ( which the customer pays me £13 for ).

Those who glibly quote doing it in 10 minutes live in another planet. Some customers take 3 minutes just to answer the door after they finish talking on the phone, texting, emailing, putting on clothes, makeup etc.

Then I have to write out the invoice, that takes 3-4 minutes and they usually seem to take 10 minutes to find their chequebook and even longer to write it. Something to do with not enjoying paying for anything!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back