Worcester 24CDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a house recently with a 9 year old Worcester 24CDi combi boiler.
Pressure seems to keep dropping and I have to refill the system to about 1.2 every few weeks after it drops to almost 0. When the pressure is low, boiler still seems to work but am pretty sure pressure should stay up after I refill the system.
Probably a stupid question but i take it this means we have a leak somewhere? Haven't noticed anything around the house. Is there a way I can check for leaks before getting someone in?
Need to get it sorted as we have a baby due in 8 weeks!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
That pressure drop,is quite good. When I say that I mean it is not dropping rapidly.
The fact that it is not dropping quickly, says that there is obviously not a bad leak anywhere, but maybe just a little.
Check all radiator valve heads, they quite often weep around the gland nut, and check the rest of the valve ie where the pipe comes in and where it connects to the rad.
Also where your boiler is located there should be a pressure relief valve, with a 15 mm(usually copper) pipe going outside. Check the end of this for any signs of dripping.

Also, when your boiler is running for central heating, does the pressure rise quite quickly? If so then the expansion vessel may have lost its charge.

If there is nothing obvious, then another way of checking to see whether it is a boiler fault or system fault, is to repressurise the boiler, and close the flow and return isolating valves. Obviously you cannot use the boiler whilst doing this test. If the pressure still drops, then it is the boiler, if not then it is the system.

HTH

Graham

Good advice from linky. However with greatest respect I would not be touching the isolating valves under the boiler.They are prone to leaking when disturbed after a few years.

Thanks both.

Will check all those things and see. If I can't sort it with your advice so far, at least I will not be completely clueless if I do have to call someone in.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Good advice from linky. However with greatest respect I would not be touching the isolating valves under the boiler.They are prone to leaking when disturbed after a few years.

not only that, most of the boiler needs to come out to replace them....nasty nasty job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back