WORCESTER 28CDI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,
I have a Problem, my hot water wont get hot when the heating is turned off.
The pressure is ok, and the heating is fine, just no hot water when heating not on.??

HELP.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the diverter valve has failed.

Replacing it is a very tricky job on your model and quite time consuming.

I recently did one for a friend with a trainee and it took over two hours.

It was a good experience for him to learn which jobs to avoid!

Tony

Your cheapest and easiest option will be to call in Worcester on a fixed price repair.

I too will not change a DV on these boilers :mad:

I have found a new diverter valve, 66.00 quid, I take it 2 hours labour is about another 60.00 or so? Can it be done by a good all rounder diy person, I mean i removed chimney from top to bottom, fitted new patio doors where there was none. I am not bad with tools, a mechanic for some time. Is there a how to do it list any where? I dont mind giving it a go. But I can get a mate of my sons in who does this for a living.
shaun.
cheers.
Your cheapest and easiest option will be to call in Worcester on a fixed price repair.

I too will not change a DV on these boilers :mad:

Sponsored Links
the diverter doesnt need changing, the diaphragm does. you dont need to take the diverter out to do it but you wouldnt believe how much of a ballache this job can be.

if you are lucky nothing else will leak after you turn it back on. i would agree with dave and get worcs out to do it. least you know if anything leaks afterwards its their problem.

Cheers mate, whats the cost of parts and best place to get them, found out my sons biker mate is a boiler tekky.
shaun.

the diverter doesnt need changing, the diaphragm does. you dont need to take the diverter out to do it but you wouldnt believe how much of a ballache this job can be.

if you are lucky nothing else will leak after you turn it back on. i would agree with dave and get worcs out to do it. least you know if anything leaks afterwards its their problem.

i'd guess about 15 quid, dont know where though as i type numbers into a computer and parts magically appear the next day, mostly.

Hi, can you supply these parts for me, or send me the part numbers for the valv. I would also like to say a big thank you for your time. I hope you have a good new year. If you ever need any advice from a good hypnotherapist, shout me.
shaun.

i'd guess about 15 quid, dont know where though as i type numbers into a computer and parts magically appear the next day, mostly.

take it from me, change the hole diverter. there is nothing as bad as putting it all back together, and finding it still passes. On another boiler it will be ok, but not the cdi model.

if your going to attempt it , make sure you get some silicone grease and a swear box.

Ok, I have found one on EBAY of all palces, english company and a valid business. I think ill let my sons gas fitter mate do it, ill just supply the valve, what do you sell them for price wise.
shaun.

take it from me, change the hole diverter. there is nothing as bad as putting it all back together, and finding it still passes. On another boiler it will be ok, but not the cdi model.

Into the lions den is the most appropriate phrase that springs to mind :eek:

WB charge around £200 all in for a repair including 3 major parts. I know what I would rather do ;)

Ok, I have found one on EBAY of all palces, english company and a valid business. I think ill let my sons gas fitter mate do it, ill just supply the valve, what do you sell them for price wise.
shaun.

show the link.

if it doesnt come with all the o-rings then forget it. you are also assuming this guy will do it. he might say no way, i would if i didnt have all the parts that are likely to go wrong in the van.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back