Worcester 28i RSF Hot water temperature fluctuation problem

Cheers for that.

Its a bit weird.

It was only affecting the hot water, not the central heating.

Now its affecting both.

Sponsored Links
sometimes this happens as the fan will run at different speeds for hot water and CH, now they both don't work it probably just filled with more water causing a restriction on the switch to its unable to pull the switch open, you don't need a new switch you can get the water out easy but you will require a gas engineer out to replace your auto air vent as its above the burner , and if not replaced your problem will reoccur.

let us know how you get on.

cheers

Another update.

Fitted new air pressure switch. Same problem.
Tried gently sucking on the -ve tub going to the air pressure switch. Switch clicks and boiler ignites.

I then traced it to the Flue Flow Sensor (ie venturi) in the fan assembly. Removed this and cleaned it.
Eureka.

I will order a new one and fit it but currently the system is running A ok.

Thanks for all your help.

We dont advise DIYers to open the combustion chamber or replace combustion related parts.

Tony

Sponsored Links
We dont advise DIYers to open the combustion chamber or replace combustion related parts.

Tony

Understood.

I know my limits.
I am a field service engineer, just not with gas boilers (semiconductor manufacturing equipment.)

Hi there, sorry to bump an old thread but my boiler (same make and model) is experiencing exactly the same problems as those described here.

May I enquire as to what the eventual problem and solution was?

Thank you

Janus, there can be many different causes of your problem.

If it happened to be the same cause then we still don't give DIY gas advice.

Tony

Yeah I'm leaving that stuff well alone. I'm getting a guy around next month to look at it, it would be nice to know before then what the problem is.

Either way I'll post my experiance once it's fixed for other people's reference.

Thanks.

Seems a long time to wait until next month!

Tony

I had this problem with a 24i, the gas valve/modulating valve was only working at 50% capacity, new valve from ebay, trusted gas engineer with kit to change and test all all right since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back