Worcester 29cdi v ideal logic 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good start to the year,my piece of junk ideal isar
has gone belly up again,I refuse to pay another penny on it. So which one would you go for out the above.
From an install point of view I guess the ideal should be pretty much a straight swap apart from a few alterations.
From what I know you get 7 years P&L with ideal & 5 years with worc.
It's a combi bth

Sponsored Links
Wouldnt go for either of them for first choice. would look at Intergas or Valliant first.

Thanks, but I suspect there more expensive.hence between the top 2
Also the 7yr warranty is attractive

The guys that fit the logic have been very impressed with them for quality andease of installation. Also any warranty issues have been sorted very quickly.

I don't fit them myself, but given the two options..

Sponsored Links
190+ Logics fitted by us 4 failed with in the first 3 months (all fixed next day no probs)

LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also wouldnt want any Worcester except for their top end stuff but then you are talking £1200 for a boiler (OVER PRICED)

you have already experienced at first hand what you get when you buy an Ideal, you will have loads coming on and telling you that the new ones are great, I wouldnt touch them, Worcester have a great after sales service, Valliant are a great product, get yourself a decent installer who will stick with you during your warranty period and go with what they recommend, they will carry a lot more clout if things go south during the warranty period than you will

If a worcester approved fitter does the job, you will get a 7 or 8 year warranty with them depending on whether he fits a filter.
If your isar gave you so much trouble surprised youd go for them again.

Viessman were the talk on here a while ago, they ve had probs, the current vogue is intergas, worcester will still be around when these others have disappeared again

you have already experienced at first hand what you get when you buy an Ideal, you will have loads coming on and telling you that the new ones are great, I wouldnt touch them, Worcester have a great after sales service, Valliant are a great product, get yourself a decent installer who will stick with you during your warranty period and go with what they recommend, they will carry a lot more clout if things go south during the warranty period than you will

I know what u mean mate, I said I would never touch ideal again.but from what I'm hearing they are good boilers now.am swaying towards the ideal but would like to hear it from the guys who actually install/get called to them
Have spoke to my installer and he said he's fitted a few logics and never had a call back,said he's been called back to a couple of Worcester tho.also guy at local Plumcenter said they 100s of logics with good feed back & very few comebacks

I know what u mean mate, I said I would never touch ideal again.but from what I'm hearing they are good boilers now.am swaying towards the ideal but would like to hear it from the guys who actually install/get called to them
Have spoke to my installer and he said he's fitted a few logics and never had a call back,said he's been called back to a couple of Worcester tho.also guy at local Plumcenter said they 100s of logics with good feed back & very few comebacks

Ahem..... I HAVE FITTED over 50 and own a firm that has fitted near 200

There is no point in asking someone who only installs boilers what he thinks of them as he will say he has never had any problems with them , that means they worked on the day he fitted it and he fecked off, ask someone who repairs them and see which one he loves and stay a million miles away from them cos he makes his living from fixing them, I dont care what anyone says the icos izar fiasco took a good 3 years to come to light and the new piles of shoite are unfolding as we speak

There is no point in asking someone who only installs boilers what he thinks of them as he will say he has never had any problems with them , that means they worked on the day he fitted it and he fecked off, ask someone who repairs them and see which one he loves and stay a million miles away from them cos he makes his living from fixing them, I dont care what anyone says the icos izar fiasco took a good 3 years to come to light and the new piles of shoite are unfolding as we speak

Maybe write , but surely if/when a boiler goes tits up the customer would be straight on the phone to the installer.
How long have the logic been out now

Deano lad you came on asking for advice and you have been given it , get yourself a logic and come back on in 10 years time and tell me it has been great and rub my nose in it

Deano lad you came on asking for advice and you have been given it , get yourself a logic and come back on in 10 years time and tell me it has been great and rub my nose in it

Lol, will do, if it's a piece of crap I'll also come back on and tell u how ****e it is then u can tell me I told u so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back