Worcester 35 cdi boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Worcester 35 cdi boiler fitted to the ground floor of my 2 level house, and when I run the hot water taps it runs hot on the this ground floor but when I open the hot taps on the next floor up thee is no hot water emerging, just cold, not even warm, this is baffling as the hot water works fine just below it, I have had no work done to the house either and the boiler has been in there for long while. Do you think something like the diverter, pump or pcb board on its way?
any help would be great,
thanks
:D

Sponsored Links
How long are you running the tap for bearing in mind there will be a small amount of cold water remaining in the pipework until the boiler kicks in and begins to heat the hot water. Usually allow 30 seconds or so if it is a long pipe run.

One way to check is to open the taps then go to the boiler and see if the DHW indicator is lit. if not you may well have a problem with the diverter valve diaphragm.

Hi mate yeah no hot water, tried turning taps on and checking boiler and the boiler is not heating water and neon is unlit when the taps are open

oops sorry mate leading you a bit astray

No Diverter valve on the 35CDi

My best guess would be the flow switch

Worcester Part No. 87161212010

Sponsored Links
Measure the flow rate at which the boiler just turns on at your ground floor. It should be about 2-3 li/min.

If thats correct then I would suspect a cold water crossover on the upper floor caused perhaps by a faulty joystick tap or shower.

Turn off the water into the boiler and see if any water comes out of the hot taps anywhere and with any setting of the turned off shower and joystick taps.

Tony

ha ha aha ha you have saved me from embarrassment !!! cheers
icon_redface.gif
doh.gif

yer not the first and you wont be the last fella (me included) ;)

i have to disagree with one of your replies, the later 35cdi boiler does have a diverter valve ...i fitted one today for some-one. the early ones were based on the 350!! remove outer casing and look at boiler. the early one has two pumps next to each other on right (lower)hand side.
If you have only 1 pump then your diverter valve is behind your plate heat exchanger. It is brass boddied? with a black micro switch attached to its r/h side. If you have 2 pumps you need to check that the pump is working.
the other thing you coulkd check is cross leaking through a shower cartridge or mixer tap!

all the best!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back