worcester 35cdi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was working fine! then i had a plumber in to fit a new sink in a room downstairs, He fitted a T junction into the hot water pipe feeding my kitchen sink. this pipe then runs over the top of kitchen units into a toilet washroom and feeds a sink.
since this work was done we have problems with the boiler providing hot water, if we run the tap and turn the boiler off then on again it fires up and water is hot!
any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
prob the diaphragm washer gone in the divertervalve and plumber turning water off and on made it fail a few days before it was going to anyway. call a boiler fixer

Sponsored Links
prob the diaphragm washer gone in the divertervalve and plumber turning water off and on made it fail a few days before it was going to anyway. call a boiler fixer

35cdi doesnt have a diaphragm or diverter.

I think the moderator will be asking YOU questions if you do not stop using blue text.

Why would a monoblock sink tap make a difference? Both hot and cold are at the same (mains) pressure.

Its all well and good guessing at the problem, but lets face it the original post is confusing and barely makes sense.
so to rusty
What happens when you just turn on a hot tap if anything?
Is it the same result from all hot taps?
Does the heating work ok?
How exactly do you get it going again?

Also a GC no. from your appliance data badge will help us know for sure what model we are dealing with.

WB 35Cdi 11 were produced from September 2001 onwards.

The 2 pump boiler was a 350 and production ended July 1998.

Not sure what boiler rustysul has?

sorry my question was a bit confusing!
The boiler will not fire up running hot water from any sink or bath, but if you run the water and turn the mains power switch off then back on again it fires up.
the new sink does have a mixer tap (not sure what make) But since the the mixer tap has been fitted the tap in kitchen has much more water pressure than before we tapped off with the T junction.

Please reply your advice appreciated

sorry my question was a bit confusing!
The boiler will not fire up running hot water from any sink or bath, but if you run the water and turn the mains power switch off then back on again it fires up.

The HW pressure switch maybe at fault, clean or replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back