Worcester Boiler no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A few days ago we had a power cut or two.
Boiler shows a red sign saying reset of which i pressed & all ok.

Ive just noticed that when i try & run a bath the Hot water is cold & no flame symbol shown on the boiler.
If i try the sink taps the symbol is shown & water is then coming through Hot

Back to bath again but still the same.

Any advice please

Sponsored Links
A model of the Worcester would be a good start, they have made quite a few, and I’m guessing it’s a Combi.

Sorry i forgot to add photos.
Not sure of model number.

Attachments

• 4431.jpg
    4431.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 4432.jpg
    4432.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 45
When running the hot water at the kitchen sink, try feeling the flow pipe under the boiler, if it gets hot or not.

Sponsored Links
How will i know which pipe it is as below boiler there are say 6 etc or will only one be / should hot ?

Sorry, yes the bigger pipes, and it’ll be the left hand one as you look at it.

The big part on the left stays cold whilst the next pipe being say 15mm warms up when hot tap in sink running

Do you have a hot water cylinder too, or just the boiler?

Sounds like either the diverter motor isn’t fully energising or there’s an issue with the flow sensor. Probably going need a gas safe registered engineer.

Anything i can do at present just so my pregnant sister can take a bath

Anything i can do at present just so my pregnant sister can take a bath
Not currently unfortunately, unless one of the more knowledgable Worcester lads can answer. One more thing to check, there is sufficient water flow/pressure to the taps?

What type of tap/s do you have on the bath ?
If you run basin hot tap and that gives hot water ,leave it running and turn on bath hot tap. Does that then give hot water ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back