Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life problems....Or are they???

Thanks snb. Putting the pump to 4 has made some difference to the radiator and seems more warmer than before. So I then put it up to 6, but unfortunately this hasn't made much more difference. I've also put the boiler to 100%

Sponsored Links
as the rads went very hot on max rate, it would seem that the radiator flow temp maybe too low. we normally set them about 70. maybe a setting problem with hive

Cheers snb. I assume that when you say the flow temp,, you mean the temp that's set by pressing the button on the boiler with icon of a radiator?

If that's the case, then that's set to 77C.

I apologise, but I'm not so sure what setting(s) you're referring to that could be wrong on the hive. All I've done is set the hive thermostat room temperature to 25C. Is there anything else?

Hi my friend did you manage to resolve the issue.

I'm having the exact same problem with the same boiler as yourself.

Sponsored Links
Hi my friend did you manage to resolve the issue.

I'm having the exact same problem with the same boiler as yourself.

Hi Habeeb. Unfortunately not mate. I also want to apologise to everyone who's helped me for not replying sooner. Had lots of things going on lately. But yeah sadly boiler issues still continue.

There is a problem with the gas valve on some of the 8000 boilers . All owners will be contacted over the next 2 months to replace those affected . Not sure what is the issue with the gas valve. I would get Worcester back if you are unhappy but make sure explain the problem so the engineer solves it

thanks for the quick reply,

Yeah it's very strange, our main problem is that whenever we use that tap, the CH switches off and the boiler temp just takes time to reach the set 70.

Ive got the Nest thermostat installed and I'm quite certain it's not that.

I think it's something in the boiler settings ( accessed when you touch both the CH icon and hot water icon together for 3 seconds) , however there is nothing in the manual which tells you what each option does.
I will have to have a play and see what happens.

I did call Worcester last week and he did a few checks over the phone and said everything seems fine.

There is a problem with the gas valve on some of the 8000 boilers . All owners will be contacted over the next 2 months to replace those affected . Not sure what is the issue with the gas valve. I would get Worcester back if you are unhappy but make sure explain the problem so the engineer solves it

Thanks snb. May I ask how you know this? I mean is there some sort of bulletin or update page? Also recently noticed a small drip from the white condensate pipe (approx. 15mm plastic flo-plast type of pipe going from boiler to outside). Looks like the installer didn't slope the pipe properly in order for any condensation to go out and now I'm getting drips coming out of the joint of the pipe. Is there a way to fix this?

@Habeeb Ul-Haq - Yeah exactly same issue as mine. If you open the tap, the boiler takes forever to kick-in back to climb to higher temperature.

I install worcester boilers, and they contacted me yesterday to say that one of my 8000 installs needed it's gas valve changing as it was one within the affected range.

Funnily enough ive had a call this week from a customer i fitted an 8000 for. Same problem...WB are going out to it under warranty

@snb - I see, but do you know what the gas valve symptoms are? Or are they the same as what myself, @Habeeb Ul-Haq and @petit_pablo describe?

Also snb, do you know how I can fix the leaking condensate pipe joint? I don't want to call out Worcester until I've fixed the condensate pipe which looks like it's not sloping properly.
Otherwise they'll blame all the issues I've previously mentioned on this.

leak-1.jpg

leak-2.jpg

@petit_pablo - Sorry, but was the customer describing the exact issues as mine and habeeb's problems? What did Worcester say?

Show us another picture of the connection on the right (& pipework).
It looks a right bodge and the pipe appears to have cracked.
The installer can come back and re-do for free or get a Gas-Safe inspection and they will force him to re-do.

Show us another picture of the connection on the right (& pipework).
It looks a right bodge and the pipe appears to have cracked.
The installer can come back and re-do for free or get a Gas-Safe inspection and they will force him to re-do.

Hi Gasguru, I hope the photos below are more clear for you.

You may have missed my earlier post - The installer passed away and the company liquidated, so I can't do anything unfortunately.

I thought this was a condensate pipe that simply needed sloping downwards to allow gravity to drain the water?

IMG-20220120-131107.jpg

IMG-20220120-131122.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back