Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life problems....Or are they???

It looks like he's used a rubber bung to convert from the white condensate pipe to the black waste pipe and due to the fact that the white pipe is not a standard
size he's used a ton of PTFE tape to try and seal it.

It needs a proper fall on the pipe and a solvent reducer.

Sponsored Links
It looks like he's used a rubber bung to convert from the white condensate pipe to the black waste pipe and due to the fact that the white pipe is not a standard
size he's used a ton of PTFE tape to try and seal it.

It needs a proper fall on the pipe and a solvent reducer.

Doesn't sound like a big job, so can I do this myself?

Sponsored Links
the gas valve failure will cause loss of both heating and hot water so it is not the cause of your issue

I got one of these installed last year. Works a treat. Ours was linked the bosch easy control.
Their own version of the hive. Works well.

thanks for the quick reply,

Yeah it's very strange, our main problem is that whenever we use that tap, the CH switches off and the boiler temp just takes time to reach the set 70.

Ive got the Nest thermostat installed and I'm quite certain it's not that.

I think it's something in the boiler settings ( accessed when you touch both the CH icon and hot water icon together for 3 seconds) , however there is nothing in the manual which tells you what each option does.
I will have to have a play and see what happens.

I did call Worcester last week and he did a few checks over the phone and said everything seems fine.
If this is your issue, lower the anti cycle mode in the service menu

If this is your issue, lower the anti cycle mode in the service menu

Yes that's what I think the issue is as it takes 1min 45 seconds from when someone uses the hot water to when the CH comes back on. Whilst this is happening the status message shows anti cycle mode.

I've also noticed the boiler temperature drops and it takes a bit of time to heat up again to reach 75c after hot water has been used. So you can see it takes time to heat the radiators if people are using hot water to wash hands, drink water, wash plates. The CH keeps coming on and off, and takes 1min 45 seconds after someone has opened the tap.

I can't find how to change the anti cycle time in settings. These are the options for Heating and Hot Water.

IMG_20220120_180210.jpg
IMG_20220120_180220.jpg
IMG_20220120_183858.jpg

Last edited:
1 min 45 is quite a short amount of time. I don't think your problem is that.
Does the boiler stay alight when trying to reach 70

1 min 45 is quite a short amount of time. I don't think your problem is that.
Does the boiler stay alight when trying to reach 70

Yes the boiler flame is on when the CH is on and stays on when it reaches 70, however the flame stops after someone has used the hot water. The flame then starts again after 1min 45seoncds.

Ive put that radiator on 15 mins ago and the boiler temp is 59.5. I then opened the hot water and the temp dropped to 51. Does that sound normal?
Should it drop that much.

Hi Habeeb I'm having this exact same issue also, did you manage to find a fix for it?

Hi Habeeb I'm having this exact same issue also, did you manage to find a fix for it?

Hi Khan

I did speak to Worcester technician and he said this is a built-in feature in order to reduce wear and tear in the boiler. This can't be changed.

So nothing we can do unfortunately, it's normal. It is frustrating as it can take a long time for central heating to heat up if people are using hot water.

My brother has a Baxi boiler (can't remember the model, it is old) I checked his under the same conditions by putting CH on and using hot water and his boiler switched instantaneously between both without any delay.

Thanks for replying so promptly.

Yeah it's definitely frustrating as the reason I chose this boiler was because at 35kw I thought it would be powerful and heat up the house quickly. It seems to be worse than the old vokera boiler which would switch instantly between both also.

The thing is If this was a built In future then why aren't many more people complaining about this?
As with a family on a cold day makes the CH virtually unworkable as you said there's always someone opening a hot water tap for one reason or another and the house never heats up to a reasonable level

Like I said I thought many many more people would be complaining if this was a built in feature...

Yes completely agree, they should allow an option to reduce the time.

Yeah same for me, its useless during certain times like in the evening whilst having dinner and the tap is being used. This is the time we want it on so the bedrooms are warm for when putting the kids to sleep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back