Worcester Bosch Heatslave 12/14 smoking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed this with a builder last October and it was running ok.
I noticed the vent grill was black and he noticed black smoke coming out of it.
I tried to arrange a service call from them but the bloody phone is not answered.
The darlings did say to turn it off and arrange a service call, if only.

When I installed it we did not have the specialst tools to check all the settings and left it pretty much as it came out of the factory. It did appear to run cleanly until I noticed the grill last week.
I could try to take it apart to clean the burner, I have all the manuals etc.
I am not sure how to check the combustion head nozzle gap before having taken the burner out. Nor am I sure when this is done.

Any ideas how easy or hard and dirty these are to remove and clean
Its the electro oil B9 A. The booklet quotes two power output settings (12 and 14) which give two different nozzle gap settings, err which one do I use given that its a 12/14.
If anyone knows the details.
Its the room sealed balancedflue variant.

Sponsored Links
was it commissioned? :rolleyes: err re-read your post....no.

practically every b9/b11 motor ive done. the pressure on the pump was down as it left factory say 90psi. so this would lead to your problem.
you need to check pump pressure matey. :LOL:

The corect pump pressure is on the data plate atached to the boiler, dont try adjusting anything unless you have the corect tools to check it. You have a two year warenty with worcester so give them a ring, you only need proof of the commission for the second year warenty. the nozzle cant be cleaned so dont try ,the hole diameter is less than half that of a hair so dont even wipe it.

when i said pressure was down, i meant by a couple of bar. ie 90psi instead of 105/100/115 psi. :oops:

now i thought when you sent off the bosch warranty card, there was the small detail of oftec number of commissioning engineer??

maybe im wrong, i usually am :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:D ah kevin, yes youll be pleased to hear ive just had a pub dinner :LOL:
but youre right, ill leave the putting down to the pro's :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
i know my place ;) :cry:

Hmm,...seems like you saved money putting it in, now you can spend to get it sorted. Depending on how sooty it is, and where it is, it could take 1/2 day (+) to clean it and set it up. It's not difficult, but then Schumacher finds F1 driving fairly easy. You COULD do it yourself, but your errors will probably mean you will pay by using more oil than necessary. You don't HAVE to get Worcester to do it, look on the oftec website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back