Worcester Bosch MT10rf programmer - how does it work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Have moved into a house where there is one of these central heating programmers. I do not understand the night and day settings when it is set. The outer ring is night and inner ring day. so surely that will mean that the system stays on all the time - as when the day switches off - the night settings start.

if anyone has one of these programmers and can explain how it is supposed to work I would be really grateful. thanks Diane

Sponsored Links
It would seem that the night time setting keeps the house to the minimum temp you set it to - so potentially if it is really cold the heating will be on all the time.

Seems a strange thing to me - but thank you for the link.

Sponsored Links
Might be strange to you but the science of it is perfectly understandable.

If you can keep the building space and fabric at a minimum temperature overnight, in most cases your boiler will use less energy in the morning warming it up again.

Another benefit is that fixtures and fittings do not suffer from condensation induced deterioration in very cold weather.

Thank you for this explanation.

I understand now and agree with the concept. It is just different to any other programmer I have used - but thank you for your help.

Much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back