Worcester Bosch or Vaillant system boiler - which one please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are shortly going to have to replace a 23 year old boiler. Which of the above makes is the better please?

Choice would be between a WB Greenstar or Vaillant EcoTec plus.

Thanks very much.

Sally

Sponsored Links
vaillant, also look at broag remeha and viessmann, personally hate worcestor

I also would never specify a WB.

Out of your choices Vaillant every time. My first choice would be ATAG, then Broag though ;)

I, on the other hand, would not consider installing a vaillant since they joined forces with some of the worst brands on the market.
And their after sales is dreadful.

Sponsored Links
Having just done my first worcester in along time i now remember why back then i said it would never happen again.

Vaillant all day long out of the 2, Atag by far but wont come any where near as cheap as WB or Vaillant.

I still dont get the domestic Broag thing it'll all go wrong just like Buderus.

With others on this customer wanted a worcester last week so 37cdi , Never again razor sharp and hands cut to ribbons , stupid prv idea, jig a pain to connect up 4 met up one no where near , cheap and nasty filling mechanism. And then the really stupid purge on start up. Just not installer friendly.

Vaillant over Worcester for us, easier to fit/service/repair as you want a system boiler look at the 600 series (pipes out of bottom) or 400 series (pipes out the top and can be open vented) the 400 series doesn't have pump internally 600 does.
both are good boilers

Most of the comments here refer to the ease of the installation.

Customers are generally less interested in this area, after all, the difference in time between fitting a Worcester and a Vaillant is nothing after you have learned the foibles.

The manufacturers have chosen their own path; the Vaillant 6 series is prettier inside and appears well made. But the Worcester has not; needed new hoses, a new burner seal and problems with the air pressure sender switch like the Vaillant over the last 4 yrs (all fixed now).

The thing that makes a real difference is the in life experience. Vaillant customer service has deteriorated while Worcester have vastly improved theirs. If you don't like hanging on listening to how much your call is valued but how busy THEY ARE; you might prefer a Worcester.

That sounds pretty objective.

On the whole there is probably not a whole lot of difference in the overall quality and performance between the high end models of either make.
IF something goes wrong, there is indeed an enormous difference; one could be forgiven for thinking WB is keen to send out one of their guys to see if they can help.
Vailant is like pulling teeth, never admit it is down to them and do what they can to get rid off you without having to get out the door.

Not just installation but future customer satisfaction , PCB`s for some models at around £200 heat exchangers /fans etc far dearer than most makes makes the lifetime package a far more expensive option than needs be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back