worcester bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440CDi boiler is only a 29.5 kW boiler delivering at 20 l/min and the Greenstar 42CDi is a 42 kW delivering at 17.2 l/min. Which would be better at delivering the hottest bath water?

Sponsored Links
Both will have their maximum hot water temp limited. You cant get 70degree anymore like the old days.

The flow rates quoted will be to give a 35degree temp rise of the cold mains.

Sponsored Links
Reducing the flow rate will cause a temperature rise. Any idea what that would be in the former boiler if the flow rate was halved to 10l/min?

What is it you are trying to achieve, why would you want 70C bathwater?

What is it you are trying to achieve, why would you want 70C bathwater?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Bengasman :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dont you know that lobsters are prepared by dropping them in to hot water.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nah, I don't eat things that crawl at the bottom of the sea. :LOL:
Makes you wonder though, doesn't it?

Where did I say anything about 70 degrees Celsius water. This assumes that halving the flow rate of the water, doubles the temperature of the water. Is this true?

My original question was a simple one, namely, which boiler would be better at providing a deep hot bath. No one seems to know.

Wittgenstein who was not a plumber but a philosopher once said, " if you don't know something, remain silent". It was directed at philosophers and now I direct it at plumbers.

they both will

the highflow will deliver it quicker :rolleyes:

Wittgenstein who was not a plumber but a philosopher once said, " if you don't know something, remain silent". It was directed at philosophers and now I direct it at plumbers.

really clever way to get help

Both will provide you with the nicest hottest bath you can imagine.... providing the installation requirements are met.

No halving the flow rate does not double the temperature... The boilers have hot water sensors, If I remember correctly, WBs are set to 55degrees max, you wont get hotter water than that from these

Where did I say anything about 70 degrees Celsius water. This assumes that halving the flow rate of the water, doubles the temperature of the water. Is this true?
Provided it falls within operating parameters, yep.

My original question was a simple one, namely, which boiler would be better at providing a deep hot bath.

No, it wasn't. Your question was about delivering the hottest bath.

... Which would be better at delivering the hottest bath water?

I install virtually nothing but CDI's, and the 30 CDI (2 models below the 42), if set on max and run at half the maximum flow, will run you a bath that will get you hospitalised if you would sit in it for 10 minutes. Hence our wondering what you were planning to do.

Maybe it is you, that does not know a lot about the subject.[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back