Worcester EA fault - central heating only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

I've got a problem with our worcester 42cdi boiler in that the central heating doesn't work. When you switch it on the flame light comes on the boiler shudders and then the light goes out. Its does this about 4 times and then the EA error comes up.

Hot water works fine.

I have recently had a radiator moved and am absolutely sure this is to do with that.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be or how to troubleshoot this further?

Cheers,

-Huw

Sponsored Links
Absolutly nothing to do with the radiator removal, you will need a gas man to fix the boiler, ea is gas/combustion related

Ea is a he air fault on a Worcester it basically
Means I'm broken. In a engineers book it takes up 12 pages from pressure to gas to ignition. Check heating pressure if that is ok call rgi

Possible just a blocked condense line, as it shudders. Make sure the white pipe under the boiler is clear. This can happen if a washing machine is connected to the same waste pipe and blocks. EA is burner lockout.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the replies.

Just to let you know I emptied the trap, cleaned the flue (from outside) and bled the radiators. Now seems to be working ok (fingers crossed). My best guess was that it was an air lock.

Cheers again.
Huw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back