Worcester Eco mode - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a worcester greenstar 2000 combi fitted today. I went to use the hot water and waited 5 minutes but no hot water came through. I checked the boiler and it was on eco mode. I turned it off to see if there was hot water and there was. I turned eco mode back on and ran the tap again for 5 minutes and still no hot water. It doesn't seem like the boiler is firing up to provide hot water in eco mode, as it remains quiet.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You are saying you have HW with Eco mode off but not with it on?. Eco mode on means no preheat so you have to run off the water for a few minutes before it gets hot but the boiler should fire up immediately as long as you have a HW tap opened to give more than 2 or 3 LPM.

Sponsored Links
This is absolutly a job your installer should be doing.

They should have checked for this before leaving.
IMO ECO mode does not do what it suggests, it is not economical to keep heating the water all day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back