worcester greenstar 30 CDI regular boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am thinking to replace my old potterton profile 80e with the worcester greenstar 30 CDI regular by British GAS. I was told there should be 400 pounds discount. Any advice is welcomed.

Sponsored Links
If you are looking to save gas, be a little more green and hug a tree then go for it.

If you are looking to save money....... I wouldn't change a Profile till it was falling off the wall. Really good boiler. Will go on for a while, on a clean system.

I work for BG and that's my 'Best Advice'

Thank you. My old potterton is too old. It has been had trouble every year in the winter. I have to change it in one way or another. I believe BG has the best engineers who can do the good job, not some sub-sub-sub--- contractors who do not know what they are talking about sometimes. So I choose BG in order to have some guy like you to do the proper job for the house. If it is not worcester, what else can you recommend? I do not mind the green or not. What I want is the reliability.

If you are looking to save gas, be a little more green and hug a tree then go for it.

If you are looking to save money....... I wouldn't change a Profile till it was falling off the wall. Really good boiler. Will go on for a while, on a clean system.

BRITISH GAS WILL CHARGE YOU TWICE THE AMOUNT OF WHAT A REPUTABLE INDEPENDANT INSTALLER WOULD CHARGE AND THEY ACTUALLY SUB CONTRACT ALOT OF THEIR WORK OUT AS WELL.

Sponsored Links

Ditto, couldn't agree more...I'm also a slave to BG

Where do I find the "reputable independent installer"? I have been having trouble with all sort of trade people who have the license as electricians, plumbers, etc. etc.. All I got are rubbish work. So before I have to do anything I have to borrow a book to study the basic myself in case something seriously goes wrong. For everything those people have done, I have to do something to modify it in order to let it work!!! BG is expensive. At least the BG cannot go bust in the next 5 years. So if something goes wrong, BG has to take the responsibility.

BRITISH GAS WILL CHARGE YOU TWICE THE AMOUNT OF WHAT A REPUTABLE INDEPENDANT INSTALLER WOULD CHARGE AND THEY ACTUALLY SUB CONTRACT ALOT OF THEIR WORK OUT AS WELL.

Workhard
if it is a Worcester you want, I suggest you find a Worcester Acredited Installer (WAI), they have been through specific training and will provide a Full 5 year Bosch warranty. (6 if you have it fitted before 31 Aug 2011).
good luck.

Thank you. I will get a WAI quote as well. BG is going to give a quote next week. I will do the comparison.

Workhard
if it is a Worcester you want, I suggest you find a Worcester Acredited Installer (WAI), they have been through specific training and will provide a Full 5 year Bosch warranty. (6 if you have it fitted before 31 Aug 2011).
good luck.

workhard - I had this tackle installed 15 months ago and I continue to be impressed with its performance. Yep, as per therms advice I got a WAI firm in to do the install and as there were some complex pluming issues to resolve they knew what to do; I wouldn't be convinced that those without specific training would have been able to resolve these.

Murf mate ur shouting. BG are expensive but they certainly do not sub out, not these days, pricing has always been an issue with blokes at the coal face, remains to be seen if voices are heard

Thank you. This is really encouraging. I contacted a WAI nearby and will see what is going to be offered.

workhard - I had this tackle installed 15 months ago and I continue to be impressed with its performance. Yep, as per therms advice I got a WAI firm in to do the install and as there were some complex pluming issues to resolve they knew what to do; I wouldn't be convinced that those without specific training would have been able to resolve these.

Murf mate ur shouting. BG are expensive but they certainly do not sub out, not these days, pricing has always been an issue with blokes at the coal face, remains to be seen if voices are heard
they will when they are too busy to do all the work themselves

haha is that a joke????

workhard if you visit the worcester site you can put in a search for accredited installers on there . The cdi is the better one of the boilers and the ri is a decent heat only

Thank you. I need the heat only boiler because I have an old system with two open vent cisterns( cold water tank + central heating vent cistern) and a hot water cylinder. I did the search at the worcester web according to you guy's suggestions and found one installer who is going to visit the house later. All of you guys are very very helpful. Thank you very much.

workhard if you visit the worcester site you can put in a search for accredited installers on there . The cdi is the better one of the boilers and the ri is a decent heat only

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back