Worcester greenstar boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, all. I need a some advice please, before i make a call to a pro. My greenstar boiler decided to dump all the water from the 2 locations as indicated on the pic, also had a C6 code showing.
Can anyone tell me what the defect or error is or what part i need to get replaced please?

Attachments

• IMG_6473.jpeg
    IMG_6473.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6472.jpeg
    IMG_6472.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Also, any idea why the water would drain from those 2 ports?

Sponsored Links
Where does the condensate pipe discharge? Could be blocked and backed up inside boiler.

Hi mate, the condensate pipe is clear, the clear bowl had some water in it but not full. The 2 ports the water came out of, seems to be attached to the fan unit, it literally emptied the system. Had code C6 as well and on googling it came up as fan error, still don’t understand that much water would come out? I just turned boiler on, and when i put the tap on, water starts coming out.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Even though the system is empty, when I turn on the boiler, i can hear the fan going and the water starts coming out immediately

Does the condensate pipe terminate in a downspout or soil pipe? If the pipe is blocked, or there's been heavy rain it could back up into boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back