Worcester WRS not lighting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hot water has been fine all summer. I switched it to "heating and hot water", the heating came on. Turned it all off for a week when I went away. On Saturday I turned it back on and it didn't fire up at all. I've done these checks but now I'm out of ideas.

Pilot light is on
Room thermostat is up and working (checked this with multimeter)
Both two way valves are working and open.
Pump is on and working
Boiler set to constant and heating & hot water

Basically everything seems to be on and working except the boiler which just isn't firing. Looks like I need a heating engineer but thought I would check on here first.

Thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
Not ever heard of a wrs, anything else to identify the boiler?

It may be slightly limited what you can do.

But the first is that you are getting a 240v applied to the boiler when the controls are calling for heat. I think the connection into the boiler may be an IEC plug, if so then this has to be pushed fully in.

If the 240v is present then I think it may be a grey round knob on the gas valve. These have to be rotated to the correct position to allow the main burner to fire up.

If no voltage to the boiler the previous circuitry needs to be checked.

If voltage present and knob in the correct position the you will need a gas reg engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It may be slightly limited what you can do.

But the first is that you are getting a 240v applied to the boiler when the controls are calling for heat. I think the connection into the boiler may be an IEC plug, if so then this has to be pushed fully in.

If the 240v is present then I think it may be a grey round knob on the gas valve. These have to be rotated to the correct position to allow the main burner to fire up.

If no voltage to the boiler the previous circuitry needs to be checked.

If voltage present and knob in the correct position the you will need a gas reg engineer.

Tony
Thanks Tony

It is an IEC plug. I gave it a push but will check again. The grey knob is on 6 which is the max.

No, its the knob on the gas valve which I was referring to.

Its the one pushed when you have to light the pilot light.

Tony

Tony I am gobsmacked that a top 100 engineer would say that. Do you really mean the knob has to be rotated to get V4600 gas valve first stage to open?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back