Work boots usually sold only in whole sizes?

T

teaboyjim

Why don't work boots have half sizes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Probably because of the costs in making the protective toe caps and lasts (and if you think half sizes are hard try finding wide fit - 2E to 4E). So double sock. At the end of the day it is a limited market. Same goes for the "keks"

I've just spent £50 on a pair of work boots here: https://tinyurl.com/k30sq0r9
Why don't workboots have half sizes. I've got hiking boots and ordinary shoes are all sold in half sizes but why doesn't the workboot industry have half sizes.

I don't often see shoes and hiking boots in half sizes, so why expect it in work boots?

Why also do work trousers have leg measurements that only go up in two inch intervals only so you get 30" leg or 32" leg or 34" leg?

Likewise, that is usual for none work trousers and jeans. It is usual to buy them a little long, then have them adjusted.

I hate to break it to you but you can get safety boots in half sizes. And different trouser legs.

Sponsored Links
Brands please? The trousers I buy seem to come in 3 leg lengths per waist size only and similarly the boots I have only come in full size increments (just looked)

Brands please? The trousers I buy seem to come in 3 leg lengths per waist size only and similarly the boots I have only come in full size increments (just looked)
Just Google your size work-boots i.e. 'Work boot 8.5 UK'. There’s loads. Plenty on Amazon.

I wear wide fit boots. There aren't plenty on Amazon.

Last edited:
Oh, now, what about colour.....

I gave up on SFX (and for that matter DW and Stanley) for boots a few years ago precisely because they didn't do a wide fit boot. Maybe when my current Cofra boots wear out in a few months I should look again

Probably because of the costs in making the protective toe caps and lasts (and if you think half sizes are hard try finding wide fit - 2E to 4E). So double sock. At the end of the day it is a limited market. Same goes for the "keks"
I can't think of any other reason and this is logical

I don't often see shoes and hiking boots in half sizes, so why expect it in work boots?
I've never struggled to find half sizes with regular brands like Clarks, Nike, Adidas, Timberland and Ecco etc

Right, I’ve sorted you on half sizes, now you want wide fit? Any more requirements - colour, textile, price etc? Plenty on Screwfix or wideshoes. Google is your friend. (y)
I reckon it would be difficult to find half sizes in well known main brands though such as "Scruffs", Cat, Doc Martins

Oh, now, what about colour..... I gave up on SFX (and for that matter DW and Stanley) for boots a few years ago precisely because they didn't do a wide fit boot. Maybe when my current Cofra boots wear out in a few months I should look again
How do you find Cofra as a brand?

Sponsored Links
Back