Work boots usually sold only in whole sizes?

why doesn't the work boot industry have half sizes.
They do
Out of (1062 products) which are safety boots from Screwfix there are precisely 4 that are available in half sizes.
So, they DO sell them in half sizes.
Caterpillar and Wolverine do them in both half size and wide fitting. Timberland do them in half size. Maybe your budget is restricting you. Are you Teaboyjim?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They do
So, they DO sell them in half sizes. Caterpillar and Wolverine do them in both half size and wide fitting. Timberland do them in half size. Maybe your budget is restricting you. Are you Teaboyjim?
It's difficult to find half sizes in the normal course of choosing a good pair of boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Yeah, what I like about them is the moulded toe cap. If you are used to kneeling down, you don’t rub through the toe cap. Most mechanics that wear steel toe caps, end up with the actual steel on show as the tie gets worn through.

Yeah, what I like about them is the moulded toe cap. If you are used to kneeling down, you don’t rub through the toe cap. Most mechanics that wear steel toe caps, end up with the actual steel on show as the tie gets worn through.
I've seen this before but didn't realize what caused it

There's loads of different brands of boots. Screwfix isn't a great example. If you had a good local trade counter/workwear supplier, go there, see what they've got, try on a few.

A couple more brands to look at would be Hoggs and Alt-Berg

Could the OP not simply take an angle grinder to his toe nails and get the smaller size? :D
Hey I have you know I have my toe nails professionally done! So why is it that they are only sold in whole sizes? My size is now 4mm too big for me and my foot doesn't feel as snug and as tight as it should do. Why? I think this is discrimination against the working man! This wouldn't have been tolerated in the USSR

Sponsored Links
Back