Work collegue and pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not my disasters but a couple whilst working with my collegue at Notts council, first one was when my mate was putting up a bayonnet fitting in a wc above a toilet...he dropped his snips into the pan...shortly afterwards the tenant went into her kitchen and in a rather loud voice said theres water coming through my ceiling, yep you guessed his snips had put a small hole in the bend.

Next one was the same chap....drilling behind a skirting into the floor to fish some cables behind the skirting to a new socket...he didnt see the mains incoming cold water pipe....quite a lot of pressure in that pip i can tell you....but I had the last laugh on him a few days later...again he was drilling behind a skirting to fish some cables up, however he hadnt noticed I had entered the room, I had an aerosol and turned it upside down...crept up behind him and when he stopped drilling I pressed down on the trigger making a loud hissing noise.....he siht himself thinking he had drilled another pipe until he realised I had an aerosol in my hand :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: so funny he had three fags in succession after that, one of them moments ill never forget the look on his mush :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Mate drilling wall hits an electric cable contacts foreman who gets out the spark who contracted for us, he starts lifting a board to get at cable and hits a water pipe mate says i will fix that for you but guy says he better phone his foreman who then gets plumber who contracts for them .
So 3 trades workin away, one of other mate turns up for a chat and is ****ing himself laughing at the sequence of events. Well there is a drill lying there with a wood bit in it and as he sits chatting he pulls trigger only for the wood bit to catch carpet and pull nylon pile into it which then zipped up the stair case leaving a visible bald spot, they still have not been allowed to forget it after nearly 20 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back