Work Wanted

all i want to do is switch the sort of tanks i work with from challenger 2's to water tanks, it must be safer to work with the latter. iam thinking of adding ACS to my quals a well as plumbing but still need to learn off the experienced. If any guys want a hand at weekends for dinner and a few brews i'm your man.

ian

Sponsored Links
I'm on your side m8. If you ain't happy doing what u r doing then its time to move on. I used to like playing with motors and welding them up. Even though I still like a dabble; I reckon doing it for a living like you have would take its toll after 22 years.

Hi, I`ve just given up my job in car manufacturing after 15 yrs (security and £ ok) through needing a change. Took vol redundancy, sold house and stay with brother. Got a full time place at college (plumbing). Starts in Sept (which is twice a week), bought another place that I rent out, have own vehicle and tools and next step is to approach local plumbers/heating engineers/gas engineers for work ;) ;) . I have experience in domestic gas heating and not jumping on the so called gravy train (media hype). Although I am self funded for about 3 yrs I wont have to get back on the property ladder which is comforting. But yeah...when your stale in job...its time to move on (takes courage and planning though)..........anyone still awake .... :rolleyes:

thanks
i have a year to get sorted before the gov stop paying my wages, i get a fair bit for so-called resettlement training so am planning on using this wisely.
i have been to college to learn a (very) little bit of plastering, brickwork, electrics etc, so am looking for some more experience, so if anyone wants a hand at let me know

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone

Thought i'd update everyone (well those who are remotely interested anyway) with my career change. Went to a local Corgi event at the local college, had a good chat with some of the guys and had a long chat with the local Corgi Rep. He passed my details on to a local guy, who is taking me through my portfolio, I am attending the local college on a day release basis. So hopefully in about 6 - 8 months i hopefully willl be able to sit the ACS exams. Thanks for the supprot guys.

Ian

Good for you mate

Keep us posted.

Wish I'd done something similar after my 22ys but jumped straight into a similar job in civvy st with MoD.

Then got made redundant when dep was privatised - now I'm an electrican just wasted 12 yrs with MoD.

Back