working pressure

G

gasbeds

hello. i had a working pressure at the meter of 14 mb . but the gas rate on the gloworm compact 100e was fine , totally unaffected. transco came repaired but just wondering how can such a low pressure not affect the gas rate on the boiler??

Sponsored Links
Because you're confusing working pressure with burner pressure.

standing pressure at meter was 16 and working pressure at the meter was 14mb. this would surely dramatically effect the inlet pressure to the appliance and thus burner pressure and gas rate. both burner press and gas rate spot on

are you saying BP is higher than working pressure at meter

Sponsored Links
it depends on the burner pressure setting on appliance, i think on this boiler it is only about 14mb anyway, if it needed a higher burner pressure then having only 14mb inlet will effect combustion & gas rate if required burner pressure is not achiveable it also becomes at risk

ah! 14.3mb burner pressure but only 14mb at meter, yet Op states burner pressure spot on i see your point

THANKS. yes off course if the burner pressure max setting is say 12mb and meter working pressure is say 16mb then the bp of the aplaince wont be affected. common sense i guess . thanks chaps

but you said WP at meter 14mbar, BP spot on, (MI say 14.3mbar) how is this so, or are you taking wrong readings or being given wrong info by the RGI that tested it

has anyone seen the OPs previous questions. it sounds like hes trying to fault find and work on gas sorry if im reading wrong.

yes it seems that alan99 has been asking questions that are really basic !! that is what the fast track system is giving to the industry GOD HELP HIS CUTOMERS :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back