Worlds most dangerous Portable Water Heater!

I ensure you I was isolated from mains earth when I was conducting my experiment.
Irrelevant wrt this:

screenshot_833.jpg

;)

[resolves]to not talk about, or post photo of, my bit of flex with a BS 1363 plug on one end and two of these on t'other.

CTRECSLASHB.JPG

:mrgreen: [/resolves]

Sponsored Links
Yes, but that's not going to happen, no matter how much you would like it to.
Indeed not.

Any more than the effective policing of existing laws will happen, no matter how much you would like it to.

In the mean time your cringing, lickspittle, oh-we-mustn't-do-anything-to-interfere-with-unfettered-immoral-capitalism approach is costing lives.

Many a murderer does not even spend one decade, let alone 'decades', in prison.
Irrelevant - very few cases of murder are as heinous as companies making money by facilitating the sale of lethally dangerous goods and not caring one iota about it.

and if you could find a way to stop likes of eBay and Amazon from acting as intermediaries in selling these products, the producers of iffy products would find other ways of selling them which might well be even more difficult to police.
I very much doubt that.

Even if the one which costs 5 time more would last for 25 years, who would want to be using a 25 years out-of-date computer or whatever?
A very poor example. Consider, instead, a 25-year old cooker, or washing machine, or tumble drier, or FM radio, or torch, or kettle....
It was a perfectly good example of the sort of products I said I was talking about ("electronics, including computers" - by implication 'high tech').

As you go on to say, the sort of products you mention don't "truly go out of date" (although some may debate about the radio - will analogue transmissions still exist in 25 years?). Whatever, I still don't think that many products which cost, say, 5 times the cost of a cheap alternative will often, if ever, last 5 times longer, even if they do remain essentially "in date" (at least, functionally).

My personal approach has changed dramatically over the years/decades, even for things like your washing machines, tumble driers, torches and kettles (I've almost never had an electric cooker, and gas ones really do 'last for ever'!). Many moons ago (once I could afford to), I fell into the trap of believing that expensive top-of-the-range products from big-name manufacturers were the thing to get. I subsequently changed to getting more-or-less the cheapest I could find which did what I wanted, and I frankly haven't noticed any significant difference in reliability, performance or life-expectancy.

Kind Regards, John

Whatever, I still don't think that many products which cost, say, 5 times the cost of a cheap alternative will often, if ever, last 5 times longer, even if they do remain essentially "in date" (at least, functionally).
You are not considering the true "cost" of these "cheap" alternatives. You are paying less money for them - other people are making up the shortfall by paying with their lives and their countries.

I subsequently changed to getting more-or-less the cheapest I could find which did what I wanted, and I frankly haven't noticed any significant difference in reliability, performance or life-expectancy.
Well done.

Have you noticed what is happening to the climate?

Sponsored Links
Well, if we are talking things Chinese, another assumption is that there is one.

I like Clives teardowns of cheap Chinese stuff.
He also recently did one on the Poundland LED lights which was actually quite positive as they work very well.

The problem with the OP product on ebay is that you cannot report it for being dangerous and should not be sold in the UK, ebays report function does not allow you to choose that as any form of category or enter text.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back