Worst Dent Your Car has Ever Had?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To all you DIY Fixers out there, I ask you... What is the worst dent your car has ever had? Have you ever written one completely off? How?

Sponsored Links
Not mine, but my Dad reversed his Megane out of the garage with the hatchback open.....christened that one Rumple Roof :mrgreen: ( repaired)
'Er indoors had a bad one with her Megane, forced off the road and demolished a large road sign on the central reservation :eek: (Off duty traffic cop, that one, denied everything but was found completely guilty courtesy of witnesses).......car was worth 12k and the repair cost 6.5k. They should have written it off but didn't . Bottom of the car was ripped out, including sills and fuel pipes.....getting that one back was fun as it was skating all over the recovery truck floor due to the spilled diesel.
John :)

Take your pick...

#1; A fine gentleman from Essex hit the side of my estate car behind the drivers door. Sufficent danage that every panel including floor from 'A' pillers back except rear door had to be replaced - took 6 weeks to get completely repaired.

#2; An idiot salesman driving a low flying Ford Grenada helicopter overtaking on a blind corner hit the side of my Morris minor van just behind the drivers door, when he saw me he slamed his breaks on and spun so ended up sliding sideways into my van and he stopped 100yrds donwn the road backwards. My van ended up with the off side van body going in where it should have gone out and the force of the collision ripped the back axle out of the chassis. Had he hit me 6inches forward of that point the collision would have broken my pelvis. What really hurt was the van was booked in for an agreed insurance value assessment. Got just over scrap value for the van and £100 for the number.

When I was 17, 43 years ago, I took a bend too fast in my Austin 1100. Came off the road, clipped a tree and ripped the two nearside doors complete with door pillar off and demolished a low brick wall outside someone’s house. Bounced off that and went into a massive tree, came to a dead stop, went through the screen and landed on the bonnet. Facial and back lacerations. My girlfriend at the time was sitting in the rear nearside seat and the impact threw her into the rear footwell and she smashed her kneecap on the handbrake lever. Her brother was sitting in the front and broke his arms bracing himself on the dash. No licence, no insurance, no 'L' plates and no full driver in the car. Happy days!

Sponsored Links
Golf written off outsied the house, empty. drunk lady hit it with a ford KA , destroyed front wheel and KA was on its roof.

I T-boned a guy in my most favourite car ever, a 1990 Golf VR6. He went through a junction without looking or stopping :(

I thought it was bad enough having one no-fault accident where my car was written off.
But then I had another a week later and sadly, the car was written off again.
When I had a third, one month after the second (also a write off), I began to think I was cursed...
Then two months later, I had a fourth. It was another write off. Granted, the cars I bought were not massively expensive, but they weren't sub-£1000-ers either.
The last driver to hit me was an 80 odd year old bloke who drove off. He swore blind to the police that he came back and I had left the scene, but he didn't, I was there more than half an hour. He buggered off because he had deliberately lapsed his insurance. You or I would be hammered if we did that. Him? They let him off.

The odd thing? They were all at the same junction.

upload_2018-4-5_10-20-30.png

In each case, I was coming from the bottom road and turning right. The road to the left and the road straight on were both give ways.

I had two almost identical dents but very different causes...

Most painful was a large dent from the mid point of the drivers door all the way to the top of the front wheel arch on our SL500 when it was parked in the station carpark. Unfortunately the CCTV had a slow panning camera and the car park tended to go from almost empty to full within the space of 10 minutes. Camera didnt catch the process of anyone parking, did show an S4 Avant parked next to me but I guess whoever did it didn't actually leave their car there (took a week or so to get the reg plate, found the car and no signs of damage)

Most stupid was the almost identical damage but was cause was very different... had been following a car that was clearly lost, kept indicating then not turning, slowing at every side road etc etc. We were in our VW Eos with the roof up and the music up too. Eventually he pulls into the side of the road with his hazard lights on... I think great and go to overtake him, clearly not checking properly as the next thing I know a police meat wagon has gone into the side of me from behind with its blue lights on. Managed to get 8 cop cars and a closed road for that one.

Sponsored Links
Back