would anyone happen to recognise this light fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

just wondering if anybody would hazzard a guess of the model for the light fitting in the attached image? the fitting is installed in a museum. i dont have any more details on the fitting other than the lamp is halogen and I,m trying to determine if it could accept replacement CFL's or LED's.

Thanks alot for looking

regards

s

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hi securespark

thats good news because the heat gains from all the fittings combined are keeping the water chillers on overdrive.

thanks a million.

s

Do remove a lamp from one of them and identify the type. If it is SELV, then you should be OK with those lamps.

To be sure, you could double check with the manufacturer of the fitting.

Are there any markings, numbers or letters or names on the fitting, track etc...

It looks a bit like illuma, but can't tell.

unfortunately I can't access those fittings for a few weeks but when i do ill post the details here.
thanks for all your help.

regards s

Most likely 35 or 70 watt metal halide, no other lamp will work properly, do you know its definetly halogen

Move it further along track , swivel it round or remove it are best options.
but let it cool before touching it.

Turn it off and on again, if it takes time to reach full brightness then its a control gear based lamp and only suitable for that lamp type.
All info usually on the label attached to the box bit.

Oh yeah - it can't be read from the photo.

Is there anybody you could phone at the museum who could go and use a Mk.1 Eyeball on it, and report back?

Oh yeah - it can't be read from the photo.

Is there anybody you could phone at the museum who could go and use a Mk.1 Eyeball on it, and report back?

afraid not. a step ladder would be hard found in this building nevermind a mk.1 eyeball. s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back