Would the UK put up with a corporation that did this?

Sponsored Links
Huh? Care to share what relevance you think a 75 year old US scandal has to the current state of affairs in the UK?

There's a lot of people believe that the oil companies have been buying up patents on any new form of battery power to keep us addicted to petrol.

How long has the lead/acid battery been in widespread use?

It's only since the mobile telephone networks took off that things have changed!

Sponsored Links
Streetcars - Pah ! we had trolley buses . And London Transport was a Great British Nationalised Institution . Apparently you guys in the US like our Routemasters - as red as the Corporation that built them :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

These pesky colonials do not realise that we let them win the American War of Independence to get rid of them and the liabilities of being responsible for them.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I thought Americans didn't like tea.

They certainly don't know how to make coffee :LOL:

Never mind coffee. Have you seen how they make 'tea'? Pour some lukewarm water into a mug, then throw in a tea bag!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

These pesky colonials do not realise that we let them win the American War of Independence to get rid of them and the liabilities of being responsible for them.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I thought Americans didn't like tea.

They certainly don't know how to make coffee :LOL:

Never mind coffee. Have you seen how they make 'tea'? Pour some lukewarm water into a mug, then throw in a tea bag!
What is the proper way to make tea? If it's not too inconvenient and you get substantially better taste I'll do it.

Where's the tea cosy on that site? You cannot make a decent pot of tea without a tea cosy. If in a pickle, a t-towel draped over the top will do, it's certainly better than nothing.

In ten years of living in the States I never EVER found a tea pot which would pour without dripping. All the tea pots out there are ornamental. I'd have taken one out with me but me bags were full of cumberland sausage, frozen and vaccum packed two times so the sniffer dogs wouldn't find them. Cos you can't get decent sausage out there either.

And they don't believe you either when you tell them the real story about the Boston Tea Party.

Sponsored Links
Back