Would the UK put up with a corporation that did this?

Sponsored Links
I never EVER found a tea pot which would pour without dripping.
The nozzle has to point downward at the end - all the other nozzles can be teased into dripping or will routinely drip.

Oh no it doesn't!

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=teapot&...&fp=82c53c70c8f3a049&biw=1266&bih=881[/QUOTE]
These nozzles can be teased into dripping - try it.

Come on Porky come clean, what nationality is on your passport? Where do you live? What nationality were your recent ancestors?

Sponsored Links
Come clean? What am I, Nixon???

US passport.
My father & mother born in US.
My grandfather from Deutschland & my grandmother from (then) Czechoslovakia.

But I am working on developing alternate identities like the Jason Bourne character.
One can only speak some version of German which is useful for dealing with panhandlers. Another is mute, same as above. Another plays mindgames without directly answering any questions. Another speaks and thinks like Kurt Friedrich Gödel, useful for dealing with people who don't like you blowing the whistle on their corrupt practices.

When I studied Tae Kwon Do they said you should be able to respond appropriately to any level of aggression and that is what I'm working on.

For sure the NSA is reading this.

Come clean? What am I, Nixon???

US passport.
My father & mother born in US.
My grandfather from Deutschland & my grandmother from (then) Czechoslovakia.

But I am working on developing alternate identities like the Jason Bourne character.
One can only speak some version of German which is useful for dealing with panhandlers. Another is mute, same as above. Another plays mindgames without directly answering any questions. Another speaks and thinks like Kurt Friedrich Gödel, useful for dealing with people who don't like you blowing the whistle on their corrupt practices.

When I studied Tae Kwon Do they said you should be able to respond appropriately to any level of aggression and that is what I'm working on.

For sure the NSA is reading this.

German ancestry explains any lack of wit, that's why you struggled with "Only Fools and Horses" :LOL: :LOL:

German ancestry explains any lack of wit:
It is a different type of humour.

http://witze-ueber-witze.de/ostfriesenwitze.html

Ostfriesland is an area in the north east of Germay

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o....php%3Fmodule%3Dhtmlpages%26pid%3D124;430;330

The Germans use Ostfriesen jokes as we use Irish jokes.

The German sense of humour is by our standards very basic, there are no hidden double meanings, everything has to be black and white.

I had to get my frau to translate that joke. I need about six months in Germany, total immersion, to get reasonably good at the language. Right now I depend on the context quite a bit.

My relatives came from the Karlsruhe area.

The first time I landed at Frankfurt there was this long word that meant 'baggage claim' and I thought, "Man, I am deep doodoo now."
In the cities they speak English, as do the cops over there.

I had to get my frau to translate that joke. I need about six months in Germany, total immersion, to get reasonably good at the language. Right now I depend on the context quite a bit.

My relatives came from the Karlsruhe area.

The first time I landed at Frankfurt there was this long word that meant 'baggage claim' and I thought, "Man, I am deep doodoo now."
In the cities they speak English, as do the cops over there.

I lived with a German girl for two years while in the RAF, it was not until I started working in a factory that I learnt the lingo, a month or so and I could understand everything.

a month or so and I could understand everything.
Even the abstract stuff on the news and on TV?

TV and radio.

I did a bit of translating on various sites, but not like these professionals that spew it out as they hear it, I had to listen to the sentence or story then translate, in the last couple of years it was easier for me to translate English into German as my English vollcabury was deteriorating.

After 7years they could never get my accent, most thought I was Dutch or Polish, a few thought I was a Bavarian.

Sponsored Links
Back