Wouldn't this be cool...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only hope you've got Part P, Part J, Parts L, M and Q, Part Number and Part Exchange... or Prescott will have you banged up before you can say "DIY".

Sponsored Links
No need for part a, b c d e f g h i jk or any other as far as I am concerned.

Started the whole thing well before Jan 2005 thanks very much!

Started the whole thing well before Jan 2005 thanks very much!

Ah, so it's safe and healthy.

Seriously, Toasty, would you have undertaken this project with the new regs in place?

Sponsored Links
Saturday evening - shouldn't you be down the boozer, Oilman?

I tried, but you were taking all the bar space.

Sorry. It's this 6ft wide laptop I take with me whenever I go out. :confused:

Had I started after Jan or April 2005 (whatever they eventually decided was the cut off date) then I guess things would have been different...

I think it's about £300 to get part p registered, I probably would have done the course.

But as I say, not relevant as the wiring was all completed before then.

For your next project toasty, I want a gps/phone which will call me at home when it hasn't moved for a day or the batteries are going, and tell me where it is. So I can go back and get it out from behind the boiler, underthe floor, etc. I suppose if it told me its temperature that could help pin-point it!

Thought you guys might be interested, I've now got the heating working such that based on inputs from the pir sensors and front and back door reed switches it 'knows' if you are in or out of the house. If you are in then the heating functions as normal, if you are out then it runs a different temperature/time/room profile so that the heating is reduced thus saving fuel.

Once you get back home again, it realises and reverts to the other (warmer) profile, hopefully saving me quite a bit of fuel. :)

Sorry that isn't smart enough, you clever git ;)
I want it to track which cell my mobile's in so it warms up just BEFORE I get home. Cells further out in colder weather, naturally.

Agreed, that would be clever!!
Funny you should mention it actually, I spent ages wondering how the system could know I was coming home before I actually got there, inevitably it does take 5-10 mins to warm up once I'm home.

The best solution I could come up with was a house with a _really_ long drive, it would detect you at the start of it and by the time you got to the house 5 minutes had passed!! ;)

Of course main problem with that being the cost of said house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back