Wounded BBC 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think youve got problems, watch the rest after the news, or watch it on iplayer. Ive had tears streaming down my face watching them.

Sponsored Links
im watching it too its all so very sad but all this pain and suffering to our soldiers could have been preventable :cry:

I have every sympathy with the soldiers injured, and the families of those killed.
What I have yet to understand, why they were sent to that god forsaken place, the Russians could not win against them, and I'm sure we won't, it's just a waste of lives.

the courage of those guys getting on with things is unbeliveable. makes you think, that for every death we hear of in the news there are so many more injured that dont even get a mention in the news.

Sponsored Links
How many British people actually understand why we are throwing away these young lives? There are the admirable principles of helping a country to establish democracy and overcome tyranny but having seen how these people have squandered their first opportunity at a democratic election I think we are losing heart.

Ignoring the politics of why we're there etc.....it was the single most humbling piece of inspiration i've ever seen in my life, especially the para,Tom. His outlook on it all was imperceivably positive. I'm glad he still has his right arm/hand. I'd gladly join a queue to shake it.

And the irish fella, with the operation to restore his sight on the day his son was born? I hope the poetic irony of those circumstances ends in happiness for them all.

Fantastic programme.
The mrs walked in on the bit where he was filmed just after he'd been blown up; "do we have to watch this?" she said.....
.....i could have tw@tted her there and then. :rolleyes:

to see that para go through what he has and still be so determined is just gobsmacking.

Why are we there when young Afghan men are queuing to claim asylum in the UK? Crazy. Put them in a regiment, train them up and ship them back to fight their own fight.

can you ever miss a chance to hijack a thread about immigration. Theres plenty of young afghan men fighting alongside ours and getting injured as well. Dont be so ignorant.

can you ever miss a chance to hijack a thread about immigration. Theres plenty of young afghan men fighting alongside ours and getting injured as well. Dont be so ignorant.

Let me guess who you are talking to, would it be (on my ignore list) J90?

Why don't you all put him on ignore and eventually he will go away.

There are plenty queueing to get into 'easy street' UK too. Don't be so naive.

God helps those that help themselves - we should follow his lead.

youre a small minded man joe. you dont miss a chance to turn a thread to your favourite topic. To my mind you disrespect the very people we are talking about. Reply if you want but i cant be bothered to talk to you on this one. I hope others follow suit.

That's your choice. Are you saying that you think our lads should be getting maimed when perfectly fit Afghans are climbing into lorries bound for the UK and sleeping soundly in beds paid with the taxes of our soldiers. If the answer is yes - then THAT is total disrespect for out lads. I did watch the prog and it sickened me. Get our boys out - and send their boys back.

That's your choice. Are you saying that you think our lads should be getting maimed when perfectly fit Afghans are climbing into lorries bound for the UK and sleeping soundly in beds paid with the taxes of our soldiers. If the answer is yes - then THAT is total disrespect for out lads. I did watch the prog and it sickened me. Get our boys out - and send their boys back.

Here hear!

I couldn't watch the program, i was in tears at the trailer....
But unfortunately I think it's a complete error of judgement on our part... the stiff upper lip, march into battle stuff.... yes we have some of the best fighting forces in the world... but the war we're fighting doesn't suit us....

We're not facing another trench... or another obvious armed force... terrorism is like a cloak of invisibility...these people appear, then disappear, either into the hills, or into the busom of their family...

Walking relentlessly up and down the same streets to check for ied's is not ever successful

For me, i think we should build a barracks... allow people to live in it, then build it bigger.... eventually building it so big it becomes a city... etc i n the mean time, special forces rout out the top level terrorists...

Sponsored Links
Back