Wow! Cool room stat! Any like this available in the UK?

Sponsored Links
the Nest's headline feature is its capability to learn
There are plenty on the UK market that do that, some with a touch screen.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/08/a-thermostat-that-learns-three-months-with-the-nest/

It looks cool but what I like especially about it is that it predicts how long it will take for the room to reach 21 C, meaning that Mrs RR won't be tempted to turn it up to 25 in the hope that the boiler will warm the house up faster!

Do all women do this?
Wife comes home......turn up to 30. when house is at 22, turn down to 21.
(The actual desired temperature).
"Please, love, just turn it up to 21, it'll get there in the same time".
Argument ensues......

We have ours set to 19 because the hall is cool and that brings the bedrooms, bathroom and lounge up to a comfortable 21.

However I know that the minute I catch that taxi to go on a 2 week overseas trip, that thermostat gets turned up to 21 in the hall.... and the TRV on the lounge rad is on FULL when the woodburner is blasting out heat, she's sitting shivering and I'm sweating and stripping to my vest and pants. Last year our lounge got so hot that it woke up the dormant larva of an Asian Longhorn beetle in the Chinese-made sofa, which started munching away at the woodwork and sounding like a demented dog chewing a bone.

Women, eh?

Sponsored Links
We have ours set to 19 because the hall is cool and that brings the bedrooms, bathroom and lounge up to a comfortable 21.

However I know that the minute I catch that taxi to go on a 2 week overseas trip, that thermostat gets turned up to 21 in the hall....

Try one of these

View media item 53316
Second thoughts.............maybe used as grounds for divorce! :(

Nice to see I'm not the only one with a thermostat graduated in Fahrenheit.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/08/a-thermostat-that-learns-three-months-with-the-nest/

It looks cool but what I like especially about it is that it predicts how long it will take for the room to reach 21 C, meaning that Mrs RR won't be tempted to turn it up to 25 in the hope that the boiler will warm the house up faster!

They have them on Ebay, all from the USA and not cheap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back