wrong cut to b filled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys.
I was cutting a decorative tall fridge housing gloss white claddon panel.

Had it clamped with pump clamps and used my circular saw and the clamp failed.

It cut a 6 inch line accross panel.
Its at top of panel against wall.
What can I use to fill the cut and match it to gloss white.

I was thinking either culk. Wood fill or sawdust and resin then covering with colour fill or some fablon.
Don't think paint would work.

Don't want to fork out 80 for anotherone.

Sponsored Links
If its glossy and you don't want to paint the whole panel, you will never be able to blend it in.

New panel i'm afraid if you want it to look right

Agreed. For a start the number of shades of white out there (really!) makes getting a colour match all but impossible, but you'll also really struggle to match the "glossiness" of the original panel. Any repair will tend to stand out like a sore thumb

Sponsored Links
Imagine if this was your car door, car body filler and rub down until smooth and level several coats of rattle can spray paint the whole door not just where the scratch is.

Without a picture it is hard to tell, but one can even make a feature that looks like it was meant to be there, like for example a tall larder unit door could be lobbed off where the bad section is and another small section joined to it such that all cut and joint lines are straight and horizontal or vertical to make it look like natural divisional lines or some feature lines.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.
I sorted it by using glue and sawdust filled into gap then smoothed.

I then stripped the white vinyl wrap from a off cut. Cut the old wrap off the damaged area and replaced it
Matched in nice.

blimey that's some work, would like to see a picture of that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back