wrong fuel problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wrong fuel (diesel) was put in my Vauxhall Rascal (petrol) van. The fuel was drained, twice, and the spark plugs replaced. It's still pushing out blue smoke and being is sluggish in the take-off. It's also now burning petrol faster than it used to. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Putting diesel in a petrol is much worse than the other way round, the car will eventually sort itself out. You are probably using more petrol because it is running rough and you are trying to compensate with your right foot!

Diesel is more of a lubricant than petrol and clings, the garage have probably done all they can, it will eventually be OK.

Sponsored Links
Did this myself 2 weeks ago. Put diesel into a Rav 4. Drained it out and a few mouthfulls of diesel later got it working. But it took 5/6 miles for the engine to burn off the diesel. Clouds of smoke to start with, now its clear. Should be a better system at fuel pumps.

Just a thought did they change the fuel filter? I had problems starting the Rav initially. Changed the filter - went fine after that.

Back