wrong kind of snow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
report on local radio the reason all the traffic has come to a halt is that this is the wrong kind of snow, :LOL: it settled ,we though it was sleat :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Must admit I do like the old crunchy snow and the noise it makes as you walk on it. :D

For me there does not exist something like wrong snow!
I think every type of snow is special and i love it. The only one i can't stand is sleet.
The i would not call it the wrong type it is just a mixture ...

In the UK, the temperature in cold winter weather tends to hover around freezing point, so the snow tends to be soft and wet. It is almost never so incredibly cold that the snow is light powder that blows around and doesn't stick, nor is it cold enough to squeak when you walk on it. Very often it is melted and gone with a day*

"The wrong sort of snow" is a bit of a joke here, some years ago we had some new electric trains where the ventilation slots on the motor housings were designed to throw off the wet (from rain) and would also keep out sleet or wet snow (which is fairly heavy). However we had an usually cold winter with fine powdery snow that was so light and fine it got sucked in by the cooling fans and clogged the ventilation ducts, hence the motors overheated and the trains broke down. A lot of them broke down at about the same time.

I don't think it has happened again since The train construction co was ridiculed for blaming "the wrong sort of snow"

* last time it snowed where I live, it was 150mm deep at 9:00 and all gone by teatime. I live in the sunny south.
View media item 512 View media item 514 View media item 5710

Sponsored Links
:) I forgot that just like the US of A is the centre of the universe, the only part of the UK that exists or matters is the south :LOL:

I was there for a short while and have never bothered to up date my profile, I shall do so now.

S/B done now.

sod off your not in the south then, youre up north!

AFAIK there are only two male American forum members; why are both of them nut jobs?

Sponsored Links
Back