Wylex fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a consumer unit in my house that takes a combination of NSC 15, NSC 30, NSC 05 circuit breakers.
If possible I would like to swap these circuit breakers for the \\\"Trip type\\\" of breakers instead of the little fuse type I have.
What type do I need? Will anyone\\\'s breakers fit? Can you sell me them if they have to be wylex?

Sponsored Links
ne chance of a pic? would help us a lot more to say wether you can use em or not

if you can use them, then all you need is the breakers and they should just swap for a fuse

tuppa said:
I have some photos but cant manage to get them posted!

you have to us an image hosting site and put the link on here

Sponsored Links
in therory you should be able to replace those with wylex nsb series breakers.

unfortunately in practice different ages of wylex part have slightly different bussbar hights even though they have the same part number! so you may have to bend the bussbar slightly to make everything fit.

Why do you want to replace them? Do they blow very often?

Some good advice:- stay with fuses for the lighting circuits, or the first time a bulb fails you will rue the day you swapped to MCBs....

They are cartidge fuses, with RCD you have should be pretty reliable. If your having to change often i suspect you have a problem with overloading.
NSB mcbs should change straight over (looking at it looks like it may even be the B type breakers ie B5 = 5amp

Go to their website, you can ask them online

www.electrium.co.uk

they dont blow very often at all, but no where locally to me carries these fuses and it would also be easier for my wife to flick the switches if I happen to be away or at work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back