Wylex Type B & Type C breakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have today tried to fit a type C breaker for an air conditioning unit into a wylex consumer unit. The type C seems to have different fittings to the type B and won't go in.
Is anyone familiar with Wylex enough to tell me what I am doing wrong and how to corrct it?
Item codes
Consumer unit - NH504
Type PSB20-C
Type B NSB16
Thanks
Kevin

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
photos would be nice.

sorry plug i am in a mischevious mood
heres one of the dog

p5270080_edited.jpg

Sponsored Links
I hope the extension lead in the background is protected, is it on RCD and is it surge protected. Wouldnt want Bruno to suffer any ill effects from chewing thru cable.

I dont know for sure which mcb you are using. However some type C have extra plastic moulding around the clamp screw, which you can cut back. Compare with the existing one to see if this is the case.

Sorry guys but forgive my ignorance. NSB v PSB is there supposed to be a difference in the way they fit into the consumer unit? Do I need a different consumer unit to take a mixture? or do Wylex make NSB C type breakers if that's what I need?
The only MCBs I have used in my short career to date have een standard B type in domestic units.

There is a plastic shield around the C type clamp screw which I have cut back but the breaker still doesn't fit the unit properly. It's almost as if it's a little taller and wants to lean forward. It also doesn't clamp the top of the unit very well.

Nice dog by the way Kev

It is def. type D - D for Dog, of course...

Having modified the mcb, it will no longer be under warranty and if you installed, you would be on doggy (I mean dodgy) ground.

You do need NSB's as far as I recall.

I don't see any NSB type C breakers on the Wylex web page.

Does anyone know how I get around this issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back