Consumer and breaker options

I bought one of these on eBay:

mix.htm_txt_pictur2.gif

What size cable will I need?

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
Aircon?

Fridge/freezer?

All fine on Type B. Neither my aircon nor my fridge, nor my freezer has ever caused me a problem. Even my welder is okay, but granted it's a baby one.

The bank of 50 florries in my shed is a worry, I grant you.

But anyway, as I made clear, if you, as the designer of an installation, decide to use Type Cs for specified reasons, that's fine. You'd still be a muppet to recommend all Cs to a novice.

ban-all-sheds said:
I bought one of these on eBay:

mix.htm_txt_pictur2.gif

What size cable will I need?

4.0mm² SWA should be fine, just remember to pack it with ice every hour :LOL:

well its going to need about 25KA so pretty big cable needed.

i suspect in use it would probablly be fed from a local transformer, i can't imagine its cost effective to take 25KA very far.

Sponsored Links
When I was assigned to the Ferrybridge power station one winter, I avoided having to buy an office heater by having the generator cables re-routed to pass under my desk.

PC didn't seem to work, though.

JohnD said:
When I retired from the Brinks-MAT warehouse at Heathrow, I had a small smelting furnace in the garage, no fuse or MCB, straight off the incomer.

LMAO, :D
What did you spend your share of the £26M on then? :LOL:

Shhhhh! I don't want anyone to know!

BTW do you want any home-made jewelry? 24 carat, good stuff. £50 an ounce, no questions asked.

JohnD said:
Shhhhh! I don't want anyone to know!

BTW do you want any home-made jewelry? 24 carat, good stuff. £50 an ounce, no questions asked.
why do people complain about sparks being too expensive when they crack jokes like this all the time? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back