Xtrail immobiliser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Battery appears to be flat,
Pressed key fob to open as usual but nothing doing
Changed battery in key fob and still nothing, same with spare key
Put trickle charger on as little red immobiliser light not flashing and as son as a little power went into the battery the alarm would go off , on an intermittent basis and at reduced noise levels
Is this a main dealer visit with the keys or something I can sort out?

Sponsored Links
Im guessing you mean the car battery is flat?
You may be better off disconnecting it before you charge it on the car as it can play havoc with the alarm, once charged your remotes should come back to life.
Make sure you have the radio code if it has one before disconnecting the battery.

Alright butt cheers for that
I bought a new battery today through my regular local garage I use and its a varta and physically too large for the space so as I've got the older battery off I've checked the cells and put it on charge. The new one was £128 so quite a shock . Funny thing is the only thing done lately on the car is a new. Fan belt 3pmths ago , mechanic says its not related to this problem though
On a general view the car is a 56 plate with only 40 k on the clock so a new battery in 7 yrs is not that drastic
There's a 5 figure code on the back page of the handbook, I assume its for the radio

Sponsored Links
Back