Y Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone confirm what a Y Plan refers to.

I think it's when the system can supply heat to the water & heating separately or both at the same time.

Is this correct :?:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What I'm working round to is a question about the bypass valve.

I understand that it should be open enough to suit the system.

But one recent reply stated that it should be closed if on a Y Plan.

Since closing it down, but not fully, the boiler seems to be staying on longer, as it was shutting down too soon.

Not sure whether I should leave it as now set or close the valve down completly. :?:

Changed a honeywell divertor vlv on a W plan today

I love inch BSP

Still have em down here aswell!

Dave

And heatstore cylinders have them as well.. But have not seen one on normal system for a very long time

surfrider said:

I understand that it should be open enough to suit the system.

But one recent reply stated that it should be closed if on a Y Plan.

Since closing it down, but not fully, the boiler seems to be staying on longer, as it was shutting down too soon.

Not sure whether I should leave it as now set or close the valve down completly. :?:

leave it about 1/4 - 1/2 turn open ;)

surfrider said:
Make sense as more water will be going around the heating circuit so the return temp at the boiler will be lower so boiler won't cycle off and on so frequently.

If bypass was open too far before it would have prevented sufficent water going around the heating circuit - have you noticed the radiators being any hotter or the house warming up quicker?

gas4you said:
surfrider said:
leave it about 1/4 - 1/2 turn open ;)
Eh? Why would you need a bypass on a Y or W plan system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back